The Network Engineer will be responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of data communications, personal computer systems, and the networking of computer hardware and software within the system. This position provides support to users in the use of software and personal computers in a networked environment. This includes assistance and training in configuring, installing, troubleshooting, and problem solving on personal computers and servers. The work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Information Technology Services.
- Responds to emergency duty assignments when required by supervisor.
- Provides leadership for the technical staff of Information Technology Services in the use and support of networking systems and devices, such as personal computers, servers, hubs, routers, and switches.
- Defines standards for the use of the networking, and computing software and hardware.
- Serves as a senior resource person in a "Help Desk" environment to assist Information Technology Services staff as well as users in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Monitors, evaluates, and configures remote systems/networks to maintain optimum response time and throughput of all systems running on the servers/network.
- Provides training to the Information Technology Services staff as well as the end users in the use of the networking software and hardware.
- Serves as primary backup for the Supervisor in his or her absence.
- Evaluate and test software and create applications as necessary.
- Creates and manages SOPs, technical documentation and instructions for networks, servers, and workstations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates need to have five years of technically progressive work experience in microcomputers, LAN administration, mobile devices, user support, network installation and configuration of switches, routers, network operating system support for Novell, Linux and Windows, and/or training and provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Electronic Systems, Inc. is a premier supplier and service provider of comprehensive office technology. We are committed to providing remarkable innovative solutions to our customers and for our employees, extensive training and development. We are passionate about building a team of highly qualified, customer focused individuals who contribute enthusiastically to our corporate culture and our company's success. With the competitive salary and benefits offered at ESI you build more than a career, you can build a future.
- Thorough knowledge of the operation of personal computer and/or networking systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, hardware, software, and practices of information technology.
- Considerable knowledge of electronics and electrical theory.
- Ability to read, write, and work from blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to maintain adequate records of all work performed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and skilled in the diagnosis of problems relating to the operation of data communications and networked computer hardware/software systems.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and/or commercial driver's license.
Check us out at www.esi.net
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Since 1980, Electronic Systems has grown into the region’s largest provider of customized technology solutions for business. The...