The Network Engineer will be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components.
The Network Engineer will perform a wide variety of tasks including:
evaluation, maintenance, installation, documentation, and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction.
The Network Engineer will also provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security,
IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
Design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-
Channel (Bonding), etc.
Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network
and telecommunication systems.
Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular
maintenance with both private and public facilities.
Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with
Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside
vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security
systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
Any other duties as assigned by management
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Current CCNA and/or CCDA certification, or 3-5 years similar experience
- Knowledge of WLAN implementation and support
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
- Must hold a valid drivers license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
- Travel required 25%
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Electronic Systems - 12 months ago
Since 1980, Electronic Systems has grown into the region’s largest provider of customized technology solutions for business. The...