This position is a senior design role in which the individual will function as a subject matter expert in all aspects of network and security technologies. The individual in this role will be expected to routinely design elegant solutions to complex network and security related requirements. Scope and function will span multiple network and security technologies and the individual in this role must have extensive hands-on experience and thorough understanding of component interaction. The ability to lead fluid teams of technical personnel to deliver cohesive solution designs is also desired.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
o Designs network and security solutions and assists in developing functional requirements
- Network/Security Engineering
o Works on multiple simultaneous projects to design new technologies and configurations
o Contributes to validation of proposed network solutions and integration methodologies
o Accountable for technical input for the architecting and designing of the Emerson network
o Serves as technical consultant to divisional network projects
o Serves as an ad-hoc representative of engineering management in various technical meetings
o Provides fourth level support for help desk and service providers in troubleshooting and resolution of networking and security related service issues.
o Facilitate and/or troubleshoot related issues between multiple vendors and providers
o Provides on-call support for operational issues
- Conducts research, evaluations, develops recommendations and conducts testing related to emerging technologies.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to management
- Provides inputs to management for the establish of departmental goals and objectives of the department
- Participates in weekly Engineering team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
· Strong experience of network/host-based firewalls, advanced malware, intrusion detection, and extrusion detection technologies
Experience with multi-factor or other extended authentication platforms such as RSA Secure ID
- Experience with encryption technologies such as PGP, Pointsec, Bitlocker
· Thorough understanding of distributed systems architecture and comprehensive knowledge of multiple technical disciplines (i.e., Unix, Windows, Oracle, SQL, middleware, storage)
· Technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of networks, network topologies, PC workstations (configuration and connectivity), mobile devices, and network file servers.
· Technical knowledge of network based services such as LDAP, DHCP, and DNS
· Technical knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies such as Exchange, SQL, DFS, PKI, and Scripting
- Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
· Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
· Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
· Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
· Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
EDUCATION / LANGUAGE
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English or designated language(s).
· 9 to 13 years with Bachelors Degree or documented equivalent work experience
· 7 to 11 with a Master Degree
Emerson - 18 months ago