Reporting to the IT Manager, the Network Engineer's role is to administer and support the day-to-day operations of the IT infrastructure. This includes ensuring the availability of Windows and Application servers, Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server, networking equipment, backups, and database systems. This person has hands-on responsibility for configuring, administering and maintaining all infrastructure related to the local/wide networks (LAN/WAN) and telecommunications systems (VoIP) for Gulfside Regional Hospice (GRH). The Network Engineer provides technical leadership, guidance and support to outside consultants and end users on a wide variety of comprehensive and complex hardware, software, connectivity and telecommunications issues, and performs other duties as assigned by the IT Manager. |
- Configure and setup Juniper routers, VPN tunnels and Security appliances
- Design, configure and maintain complex switching environments
- Design, configure and maintain complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking including IP address schemes, subnetting, DNS, WINS, Security, SPAM, etc.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of remote multi-server environments (COLO)
- Manage Active Directory (AD) services and supporting server infrastructure for GRH LAN/WAN and Cisco VoIP Unified Communication Manager
- Maintains, creates/deletes user network / MS Exchange email accounts, assigns network and share permissions. Assigns and manages security levels and passwords; performs other general system administration functions
- Monitors and manages network performance. Troubleshoots and resolves problems to ensure quality internet service on the network
- Lead, coordinate and proactively make recommendations regarding key process improvements as they relate to the client/server environment
- Ensures robust, network-wide virus protection is in place, up-to-date and functional at all times
- Apply OS and application software upgrades/updates as new patches are available. Perform weekly and monthly maintenance to servers and desktops at all locations
- Administers all network policies, procedures and standards. Maintains familiarity with and enforces HIPAA security procedures
- Participates in business continuity and disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Installs and maintains software and hardware to accomplish data backup and restoration; ensures that server data is backed up daily; manages the off-site storage and retrieval of backup media
- Track and maintain inventory of all company IT related assets
- Maintains high customer service standards in dealing with and responding to end user needs. Consistently delivers definitive solutions in a timely manner that will minimize lost user productivity by diagnosing and solving complex issues related to hardware, software, connectivity and telephony services
- Provides 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis and as needed, through phone calls, email, remote assistance and ticketing system ensuring timely response and resolution
- Researches and resolves technical questions by reading and comprehending technical manuals and online support tools and consulting with hardware manufacturers and software developers to resolve problems
- Assists in developing specifications for new information systems equipment and services.
- Keeps a current and broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment, and systems; participates in professional development activities and certifications as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned by the IT Manager
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or relevant field is required.
- MCITP Certification is required.
- CCNA Certification is required. Must be obtained within first 90 days.
- Minimum three years experience planning, implementing and managing multisite LAN/WAN environments, Windows Server 2003 & 2008 R2, Active Directory, MS Exchange and MS SQL Server Enterprise 2008, and MS Hyper-V environments.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with Windows 7
- Must hold a valid driver's license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation.
- Ability to consistently work with accuracy and attention to minute details, sometimes with frequent interruptions
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
Gulfside Regional Hospice, Inc. - 13 months ago