Education BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field preferred and experience.
Citizenship Requirement US Citizen
Clearance Required Secret
Location Edgewood, MD
- Establishes and maintains network performance by building net configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems.
- Manage all engineering projects or initiatives, plan technology roadmaps, configuration and optimization of all aspects of network infrastructure, associated network equipment and services.
- Perform or supervise the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all network hardware, software and communication links for our clients.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment, and devices.
- Manages all system back-up and restore systems.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Reports network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Develop assessment techniques for examining, questioning, evaluating, monitoring, and reporting on hardware and communication equipment and services.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials.
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
- Willingness and demonstrated capability to learn, assimilate, and act upon large amounts of information with a customer service approach.
- Experience and knowledge of network design including switching, routing, QOS and firewalls.
- Required Certification: CompTIA Sec+
- Optional Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CNE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- Networking Hardware: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS
Link Solutions, Inc. is an EOE. AA/M/F/D/V. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Link Solutions, Inc - 22 months ago