We love technology and helping our customers — we get excited about computers and we love programming. We live to solve problems, code software, and make cool stuff happen. And, we love to share our creations with others.This has been our philosophy since Linode was launched in June of 2003 by founder Christopher S. Aker. Initial development took about 6 months. Linode was ahead of its time and helped define the cloud hosting industry, and continues to be a leader in virtualization hosting.
Now, we want the right people on our team who have both the aptitude and attitude necessary to succeed in the unique culture that we’ve developed over the last 10 years. Fitting into our culture is just as important as holding the skills for the job. We’re looking for a solid employer- employee relationship. Our interview process may seem extensive, but we’re making sure you’re a good fit for us while you make sure we’re a good fit for you!
We’ve invested heavily in being the kind of company that can set the bar for the cloud hosting industry: both through infrastructure and employing the right personnel. We have the best customer service out there and we’re passionate about making it even better. Our development, ops, hardware, marketing, documentation, and management teams are all part of making Linode everything it can be. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
We are currently seeking a Network Engineer who will collaborate with the team on the engineering, design, configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrade of the Linode network, helping us architect and scale for our future growth. You will become a key and founding member of our networking team, responsible for keeping Linode's network as reliable and secure as possible.
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- Perform basic engineering, design, implementation and maintenance tasks.
- Design and build data connectivity solutions to support Linode's growth worldwide.
- Assist with the on-going assessment and upgrade of networks.
- Assist with network related customer support tickets.
- Coordinate the installation of hardware such as routers, switches, fiber runs, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of existing equipment and vendors.
- Collect and analyze data network statistics.
- Develop relationships with vendors and investigate sources of equipment and services.
- Interface with regional Internet registries and manage allocation of Internet number resources.
- Remain informed of new developments and trends.
- Make recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments.
- This position participates in an on call rotation.
- Advanced knowledge of network operations.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco hardware and IOS.
- Advanced knowledge of servers, switches, routers, and various network services,
- Can configure and troubleshoot BGP
- CCNA certification or better is required.
- 5 years of network engineering experience is required.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise with Linux/UNIX, load balancing, firewalls, and traffic analysis.
- Programming experience is required.
- Professional problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills (English required, local dialects a plus).
- 2 years experience in a customer service oriented position preferred.
- Experience with software network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, and HAProxy.
- Due to the 24x7 operations, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, perform on-call duties, may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Linode - 9 months ago
Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide, and has been offering companies of all sizes virtualized...