“ Network Engineer”
ABOUT MSCI Inc. ( www.msci.com )
MSCI Inc. is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension funds. MSCI products and services include indices, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and governance tools.
The company’s flagship product offerings are: the MSCI indices which include over 120,000 daily indices covering more than 70 countries; Barra portfolio risk and performance analytics covering global equity and fixed income markets; RiskMetrics market and credit risk analytics; ISS out-sourced proxy research, voting and vote reporting services; CFRA forensic accounting risk research, legal/regulatory risk assessment, and due-diligence; and FEA valuation models and risk management software for the energy and commodities markets. MSCI is headquartered in New York, with research and commercial offices around the world.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
This position is responsible for defining data and voice design and carrying them from the concept to completion.
We are seeking an experienced network engineer to provide network design and 3rd level support to our worldwide data and voice network.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled candidate to join a very dynamic company and work in a multicultural environment.
- Manage a Cisco infrastructure environment consisting of 2,000+ servers and 2,000+ users
- Responsible for the design, engineering, installation and maintenance of one or several of the following disciplines:
- Local and Wide Area Networks.
- VOIP Network Install.
- Support and configure Cisco routers.
- Provide on call support for the network in the event that Tier III/NOC personnel cannot resolve an outage situation
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the installation, administration, and maintenance of network infrastructure
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years of experience deploying and managing a Cisco infrastructure, preferably in a 2,000+ user distributed environment.
- Qualified candidates should have well rounded experience with full network diagnosis, configuration and problem resolution.
- In-depth experience – Cisco - Call Manager, Unity, MeetingPlace, IVR, TelePresence, Routing (OSPF, BGP) and Switching (NEXUS5000/7000, STP, VPC, OTV design and configuration.
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility by embracing change; adapting communication style to setting; investigating and implementing alternate approaches to resolve difficult issues .
- Cisco certification - highly desirable (CCIE, CCVP, CCNP)
- Experience generating documentation for peers and NOC staff
We value quality, elegant implementation, teamwork, and product delivery. If you enjoy a high-energy, friendly and fun work environment, this is the place.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MSCI - 2 years ago