Support the design, enhancement, and maintenance activities of all aspects of the Midcontinent Communications network.
• Actively support all aspects of the design and maintenance of Midcontinent’s network. This includes, but is not limited to: LAN, WAN, and MAN networks, routers, switches, and optical shelves.
• Implement layer 3 network configurations and propose network design ideas.
• Design layer 3 routing and switching solutions and gain experience in MPLS, BGP, VPN and advanced security.
• Specialize in one of the following: security, transport, routing, cable modem termination system (CMTS), traffic engineering, voice, video or wireless.
• Actively manage, monitor, test, and maintain routers, switches, optical shelves, etc. Report significant activity to the NOC and keep detailed statistics regarding these activities.
• Proactively ensure that the Midcontinent network is secure from outside attack or penetration.
• Proactively plan for future capacity and execute related action plans.
• Possess ability to perform all responsibilities of a Network Technician Expert.
• Possess an in-depth knowledge of the Midcontinent network and its components, and a general understanding of Midcontinent mail systems and servers.
• Engage vendors to assist in design, installation, and trouble shooting.
• Ensure viable disaster recovery and back up plans are in place for all systems.
• Oversee the development of system utilities and tools.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance and to arrive to work on time as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in related industry and/or equivalent job experience required.
• Four to five years network experience required. Seven to eight years experience preferred.
• CCNP, CCDP, CCIP certifications preferred.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Desired candidate will also have proficient knowledge of the BGP routing protocol.
Midcontinent Communications - 15 months ago
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...