NIIT Media Technologies is an international support company working with a wide-area network connecting over 100 business unit locations in the US and Europe. This position will support network engineering and operations across all business units and locations.
Education: High School education with some college classes in Information Technology and working toward Cisco CCNA certification OR military service/experience and working toward Cisco CCNA certification
Experience or Training: 1 - 3 years hands on experience
Other: The ideal candidate should have a combination of education and experience in these areas:
o Cisco router and Layer 2/3 switch administration
o Wide area networking to include Frame Relay, T-carrier, MPLS, POS, DSL, etc.
o VPN configuration and administration
o Wireless (Wi-Fi) networking and security
o Checkpoint and Cisco firewall administration
o Web proxy and content filtering
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers all aspects of technical operations of NIIT Media Technologies and Customers Local and Wide Area networks to include routers, switches, firewalls and other network gateways.
- Coordinates installation and configuration of network connections with public telecommunications and network providers. Performs qualification tests.
- Maintains knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for network administration.
- Analyzes performance indicators, such as response time and utilization, to ensure that the network is operating efficiently.
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of network design and program development.
- Assists with design and development of specifications for hardware systems, network topology and software programs.
- Works with users, other Information Technology staff, and project managers to determine and develop specific information system requirements and processes.
- Interacts with project team members to ensure success of project goals.