We seek a qualified professional for the position of Network Engineer, reporting to the Director of Network Management. This person will work independently and in teams performing a wide range of activities related to the design, management and support of the company’s voice and data network infrastructure.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the continued maintenance, support and administration of network, and telecommunication technology. Duties include but are not limited to: tier 3 support, network and security monitoring, emergency response, planning and design of network components, deployment of new technology and processes that would contribute to cost savings and/or productivity improvements, administration of network and voice usage policies and standards, security of network systems that protect corporate data, administration of access control procedures and related remote access and endpoint protection systems, and the management of projects that support the life-cycle of the company’s network and telecommunications infrastructure.
Picerne Military Housing, a leader in the real estate development, construction and property management industry, is committed to providing America's military families with the quality homes and neighborhoods they deserve. With a nationwide portfolio of over 20,000 homes for Army families on military bases across the United States, Picerne Military Housing's neighborhood and housing services set the standard for the industry.
- Relevant certifications, coursework or certificates. CCNA, CCNP preferred.
- Bachelors degree preferred or an equivalent of education
- 5+ years of experience working with network and telecommunications technology.
- Experience with Call Manager and Unity are highly desireable.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Travel requirement: 15 – 20%.
- Ability to do the following:
- successfully prioritize in a multiple task environment.
- effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues with network routing and switching.
- effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues with IP Telephony, Cisco Unified Messaging and Communications.
- maintain, support and administer a distributed Cisco voice and data network infrastructure.
- manage inventory of all network and telecommunications components, as well as to manage and maintain a centralized network monitoring platform.
- monitor network activity and provide recommendations for performance or efficiency enhancements.
- Communicate and respond to all assigned network outages.
- maintain video conferencing systems.
- Provides technical support in conjunction with the Systems and Application Teams.
- Maintains remote office data closets (MDF/IDF) and related documentation.
- And other duties as assigned