The following job requires an active DoD Secret Clearance.
• Will provide courteous customer service to the end-user community all times, either in person or over the phone.
• Analyze, test, modify, and manage the LAN/WAN infrastructure to include hubs, routers, switches, transceivers, CSU/DSU’s smart jacks, fiber optic (backbone) and CAT5 (premises) cabling, LAN/WAN extension devices, Internet and Database administration to properly maintain IT systems and programs.
• Manage network devices using Solarwinds LAN Management Solution NPM, NCM, IPM, and NetFlow.
• Configure and manage Cisco ACS to provide authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) of users accessing network devices. Including RADIUS protocol for 802.1x for port based LAN authentication and TACACS for user authentication.
• Manage and troubleshoot VPN issues to include multiple Site to Site VPN’s over IPSEC and user Remote access VPN’s.
• Manage multiple firewalls Cisco ASA’s 5505’s to 5580’s, to include routing, firewall access rules, VPN configuration.
• Excellent understanding TCP/IP and data flow across a complex LAN environment.
• Understanding of Harding Cisco Equipment to meet STIG compliance from Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls, etc.
• Submit Port Protocol Service requests with CTNOSC. Troubleshoot connectivity issues with CTNOSC.
• Keep network devices DISA STIG compliant and IAVA compliant.
• Analyze, test, troubleshoot, repair, modify, and maintain software and hardware LAN/WAN components to include workstations, production and file servers, DNS, SUS, DHCP and Domain Controllers.
• Proactively monitor application and/or system software and/or hardware operations and take corrective action to prevent outages or failures.
• Provide monitoring and maintenance of anti-virus programs/servers ensuring most recent customer approved, program updates and virus signatures are on servers and/or work stations.
• Ensure compliance with latest security guidelines by obtaining and applying appropriate IAVA and/or Security patches as required by alerts distributed by the customer’s Information Security Officer.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with electronic and physical security procedures and standards.
• Create and maintain System Administration Logbooks for all assigned network servers.
• Determine hardware, software and/or system functional specifications, including system resource availability, with database analysts, system and applications programmers, web developers, and other users.
• Design, test and implement procedures for data protection in enterprise storage (cluster) environments.
• Create, design, develop, analyze, test and modify administrative scripts and batch files to automate processes.
• Provide system testing, support, upgrade, and maintenance of Virtual Private Network (VPN) Servers.
• Respond to issues on tickets opened by the Help Desk (Tiers 1/2/3) within two hours.
• Assist Tier I/II technicians when required to troubleshoot end user issues.
• Direct and train users in the operation of new operating systems and work stations.
• Maintain continuous liaison with users and project staff to identify unique and/or common difficulties and prepare plans for their resolution.
• Read, understand and comply with most recent Contract/Task Order Statement of Work and Contract Deliverables. The Statement of Work may include other task requirements not included in this position description.
• Submit Contract Deliverables (CDRL) to the PM within specified contract guidelines.
• Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, contractor personnel and customers.
• Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
• Attend work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved time off.
• Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required (see WORKING CONDITIONS below).
• Work flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested
A BS degree plus 4yrs of relatable information technology work experience or 6 years of relatable information technology general work experience without a degree
• Extensive experience in Local and Wide Area Networks.
• Demonstrated experience with multiple environments at the desktop and server level.
• Must have relevant applicable experience as related to the General Functions listed in this position description.
• Must be experienced with personal computers and software applications used at client sites.
• Must possess strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a variety of users having different levels of computer expertise.
• Skill in identifying and monitoring potential operational malfunctions and programming errors.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other technical staff, customers, and users.
• Ability to respond quickly and effectively to uncertainty and constant changes in technology
Must hold and provide documented proof of Comp TIA Security+ certification and at least one (1) current industry recognized technical professional certification relevant to or specified in the individual position requirements from pre-approved list:
- The following certifications are an example of some the certifications that will qualify you for the position: Microsoft MCTS, MCITP, MCDST, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CompTIA A+, Server+, CCNA, CCNP, etc.
RTGX, Inc. - 18 months ago