The Network Engineer is responsible for assisting in designing, installing, maintaining and supporting LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructures. Provide high-level technical support for voice and data network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved communication equipment and procedures. The Network Engineer must be versed with the engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems.
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN communications, network hardware such as Cisco routers, Ethernet switches, bridges, gateways and firewalls.
- In-depth knowledge of routing protocols such as RIP, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF
- Strong understanding and practical experience with technologies like MPLS, VPLS, MLA VPNs and Traffic Engineering.
- Duties involve among others, management of local and wide area network, projects, and installation of new devices, system and on-going maintenance of infrastructure.
- Candidate must be a team player and be able to follow processes and procedures.
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, professional who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight.
- Cisco certifications CCNP, CCIP, etc desired
- 7 years of experience in a network administration/engineer role is required
- 4 year degree is preferred List of Equipment the person should be familiar with or will have to utilize while performing job tasks:
- Cisco switches (specifically 3750, 4500, and Nexus 7000)
- Cisco ASA 5505 and 5510
- Cisco 2800, 2900, and 3800 series routers
- Cisco Call Manager
- Cisco WCS and Access Points
- Cisco WAAS
- Sniffer, wireshark
- Firewalls, gateways
- Routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF)
- Experience with Cisco Telepresence a plus
- Experience working with Windows based servers is a plus