Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for providing network support to specified user community.
- Ensure the stable operation of multi-site Sony Music US network infrastructure
- Responsible for the configuration and day to day operation of LAN, WAN, WLAN, Firewalls, DMZ, IPS, VPN devices
- Act as liaison to managed service providers
- Monitor, evaluate, and resolve network connectivity, performance and security issues
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network installations, improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Responsible for patch management of network equipment
- Interact with US Operations team members and other IS&T teams worldwide to resolve any network/security-related issues.
- Track progress of open network-related issues and projects. Report progress to management.
- Provide consultation on IP Addressing, VLAN assignment, and network port needs.
- Ensure the network infrastructure documentation is current and accurate.
- Bachelors Degree is strongly preferred, in a technical discipline.
- 5+ years technical experience with switches, routers, TCP/IP, etc. required.
- Cisco CCNP level certification strongly preferred
- Experience with Juniper switch and firewall devices helpful
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
Sony Music Entertainment - 18 months ago
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is a wholly owned subsidiary and the US headquarters of Japan's mighty Sony Corporation. Based in New...