Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, math, engineering and at least 0 - 2 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Excellent communications and analytical skills; demonstrated working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Help evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test, perfrom problem isolation and resolution, monitor, tune, set standards and maintain a range of computer network components and systems.
1. Manage network performance to maintain high quality transmission service on the network.
2. Perform scope across a limited range of network facilities including some, but not all, physical media, protocol stacks, hubs, routers, bridges, gateways, digital servers, linedrivers, telecommunications transport facilities, mainframe VTAM, NCP and related software and hardware network management components.
3. Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance and trace data and protocol activity,
4. Install systems and trains customer to use new or changed applications.
5. Maintain LAN user accounts by adding new users, deleting departing users, correcting user access problems and assigning proper rights and privileges.
6. Maintain secure access to network via control methods and security software to protect data from unauthorized personnel.
7. Directs on-site customer interface for program guidance, testing, systems analysis, and other system related tasks as needed.
8. Prepares detailed documented requirements for selected activities (i.e., data management, configuration management, program management, etc.)
9. Complies with hardware and software systems standards and procedures.
10. May provide informal training in implementing software programs based on user requirements.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
URS Corporation - 8 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through i...