Overall responsibility for supporting the implementation, operation, and testing of WAN, LAN and Wireless LAN, VPN, NAC, and VoIP network for the enterprise. The incumbent is also responsible for telecom administration. WGBH is a mixed platform environment including: Macintosh, Windows, Sun Solaris, Linux and others. For networking, we are primarily a Cisco shop. Telecommunications Systems consist of Avaya PBX and Microsoft Unified Messaging. Must have a solid background in WAN architectures and internet security.
Responsible for maintaining a working environment that leverages the potential and diversity of the department's entire staff. Provide direction and leadership in such a way as to nurture, create and maintain an environment that is (1) free from discrimination, intolerance and harassment and (2) provides employees with equal access to opportunities for growth and advancement including professional development whenever possible.
Five (5) plus years of strong network and communications engineering experience, including experience installing, configuring and testing Cisco Layer 2 and Layer 3 network devices in a multisite medium size enterprise.
- Must have strong experience in dealing with Internet security issues.
- Experience with Avaya Telephony (Avaya 8700 and TDM systems) preferred but some experience with telephony highly desirable. At the least, must be a quick learner and be ready to learn and support telephony systems.
- Experience with 802.1X based Network Access Control and wireless LAN is highly desirable.
- Experience with spam filtering, firewalls, IPS/IDS, network vulnerability scanning tools such as NESSUS is highly desirable.
- Experience in a mixed Mac/PC shop highly desirable.
- IP Routing: RIP, RIP2, MSRP, BGP
- Protocols: TCP/IP, IPSec, DHCP, DNS, SNMP
- Bridging/switching Protocols: Spanning Tree Protocol (STP, PVST+)
- Strong understanding of QoS, routing protocol redistribution, route filtering and ACLs
- WAN: VPN, MPLS, Metro Ethernet
- Physical Layer: 10/100/1000BaseT, UTP/STP, AUI, Transceiver, Converter, Multi-mode/Single-mode fiber, CSU/DSU, MUX/IMUX
- Hardware: Cisco 6500, 7200, 4500, 3700, 2900, and others
- NAC 802.1X
- Solid understanding of IP addressing, Sub-Nets, and VLANs.
- Strong ability to identify, determine and document customer requirements.
- Solid written and verbal communication proficiencies
- Provides 24x7 On-Call support on a rotational basis.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Undergraduate work/degree in engineering, math, computer science, information technology, systems engineering or science preferred.
WGBH Educational Foundation - 20 months ago