Description of Group:
Network Engineer provides technical support to engineers in areas such as production, operations, maintenance, safety, testing, process improvement or product development. Uses schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components, equipment or systems. Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures, and performs detailed mathematical calculations. Develops and understands network solutions considering the hardware and system objectives. Understands the technical needs of the business.
Typical Job Functions:
1. Under general supervision, supports network operations engineers in the management of a public and/or private network such as Internet protocol (IP) networks, wide area networks (WANs), and public switched telephone networks.
2. Under general supervision, installs, monitors, maintains, upgrades and supports network communications systems to provide maximum performance and availability.
3. Under general supervision, monitors network traffic data to support capacity planning, routing, switching and load balancing, and supports the day-to-day provisioning and maintenance of network services.
This is a regular full time position located in New York. Desired start date is as soon as possible. As the selection and interview process is ongoing, please submit your application as soon as possible.
- Education Required: Degree qualified in Computer Science, MIS or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience in Data Center or Network Operations.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years.
- Special Qualifications: Certifications relevant for role is meritorious.
The NASDAQ OMX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
See Job Description
CareerBuilder - 11 months ago