Clearance Level: DoD Secret
Years of Experience: minimum 5 years
Required Technical Certifications: TBD
Travel Requirements: No Travel
If you meet the qualifications below and are interested in being part of the new DISA GSM-ETI contract, you may submit your resume here. Please note this is a pipeline requisition only. Your resume will be stored and pulled when, or if, needed.
We are seeking Network Engineers that possesses a complete understanding and wide application of technical applications, theories and concepts. These positions will exist to support the government customer’s computer systems and day-to-day operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Assists in the designing, planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems (including wireless and VOIP)
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into network configurations
- Evaluate new products, perform network problem resolution and assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and interface applications
- Monitors protocol compatibility, perform system tuning and makes recommendations for improvement
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Conducts cost/benefit analysis and provides detailed information for equipment selection
- Develops solutions to technical problems within technical scope
- Implements techniques and tools for the most efficient network operations and to ensure proper setting of configuration options
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware/software interconnection and interfacing such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Monitors network hardware operations to ensure properly set configurations and limitations
- Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations and limitations
- May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff
- Bachelor’s degree w/ 5 or more years networking experience
- Understanding of networks and the OSI model
- Working knowledge of routing and transmission protocols such as ATM, OSPF, BGP
- Excellent understanding of IP
- Ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Effective verbal and written communications
- CCNP and/or CCNP + Voice or Security is strongly desired
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Technica Corporation - 22 months ago