- The Network Operations Engineer will provide basic technical support for installation activities and routine troubleshooting of Facebook’s Network Infrastructure. The candidate must have a understanding of Enterprise networking technologies, be able to follow process, and multitask at a fast pace. The overarching objective is to maintain high uptime and availability of network services around the globe.
Duties & Responsibilities:
ü Log into the TASK queue and provide support to MPK Corpnet-Operations technicians and internal customers
ü Log into the TASK system of record to provide technical solutions and updates
ü Support the day to day activities on the Facebook network
ü Address and resolve routine issues assigned for engineering support.
ü Interact with management, upper level support, vendors and customers and should be able to effectively communicate issues in a clear, straightforward manner.
ü Interact with other departments, partners to provide information and assistance as necessary.
ü Assess and resolve network, data, and customer’s needs as they arise.
ü Clearly define and own problem management process.
ü Network Operations Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining and on-call rotation, able to address problems remotely and in a timely manner.
ü Network Operations Engineer II will be responsible for providing customer support, configuration, implementation, troubleshooting and following installation procedures.
ü Execute configuration processes.
Enterprise Networking Products: (Core Working Environment)
- 8-10 Years with client facing responsibilities * This is flexible
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting and troubleshooting LAN/WAN environments as a successful Network Engineer.
- Develop deep expertise in two or more networking service offerings
- Provide highly skilled technical assistance in supporting complex network planning, engineering, and architecture support, handoff procedures and operational maintenance.
- Perform complex issue diagnosis of complex LAN/WAN solutions for Enterprise/Production networks.
- Recommend Network modifications to configurations.
- Provide high-level support and rapid resolution to network problems.
- Provide senior technical leadership role within assigned client organizations to review new installations and changes to services and infrastructures, ensuring that a holistic network perspective is taken into consideration with respect to standards, practices, technology, vendors and solutions.
- Provide supporting documentation to enterprise solutions.
ü Palo Alto Networks – Firewalls
ü Juniper - Firewalls (SRX)
ü Cisco – Catalyst Networking
ü Cisco – UC Voice
ü Silverpeak – WAN Optimization Appliances
ü Aruba – Wireless
ü Tandberg – Video Conferencing
ü Monitoring – NetMRI, Cacti etc.
Milestone Technologies, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard