Job Order: J0912-0837 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Network Hardware Support Technician
Category: Consulting / Business / Functional
City: San Diego, California, United States
Job Description: Network Hardware Support Technician
Network Hardware Support Technician
Stanley Associates (wholly owned subsidiary of CGI Federal) is looking for a Network Hardware Support Technician to work in our San Diego, CA location. The successful candidate will provide support to the Commander Naval Air Forces, Pacific Fleet (CNAP) and other major commands or activities supported by this command include North Island Naval Air Station Coronado, CA, Naval Air stations Lemoore, CA; Naval Air station El Centro, CA; Naval Air Station Fallon, NV; Naval Air Facility Mugu, CA; Tinker Air Force Base, OK, Naval Air Facility Misawa, Japan, Joint Base Guam; Marine Corps Base Kaneohe Bay, HI and Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, WA. Duties include:
- Manage the CNAP Headquarters (HQ) IT Help Desk and respond to trouble calls to determine extent of problem and take/coordinate corrective actions.
- Manage CNAP N6 aspects of check-in and check-out process for personnel assigned to HQ Staff.
- Schedule staff and fleet personnel for ADP classes offered by CNAP HQ.
- Initiate Move Add Change Requests (MACs) for staff personnel.
- Maintain an accurate database of contractor personnel and their clearance levels to verify data access levels.
- Conduct annual wall to wall Information System inventories.
- Maintain the headquarters' Regional Inventory Tracking Application (RITA) database.
- Ensure all legacy printing equipment and other peripherals provide responsive service and are functional at all times. This shall include troubleshooting printer specific problems, replacing toner, etc.
- Manage user permissions, file shares and resource mailboxes and monitor and maintain shared user space.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 3 years providing network systems support similar to functions described under this functional support area, and having knowledge and understanding of applicable technical concepts and practices is required.
- Ability to successfully complete the CGI Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment; Additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records Checks may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment.
- Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or higher required to perform this function.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint.
- Problem solving skills to serve as a troubleshooter on complex network problems.
- Ability to analyze costs and benefits of potential network solutions and effectively communicate recommendations to Government leadership.
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Work Force (IAWF) Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I.
- Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels. Demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with Government officials and program office stakeholders.
- Self motivator with ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction.
- Professional oral and written presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% or less.
- Knowledge of CNAP operations and policies.
- Experience in military C4I, communications, and networking systems.
- Experience with practices and guidelines of Department of Defense Instruction 5000.01 and 5000.02. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
About CGI Group
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading...