Support enterprise clients utilizing your expertise in CiscoWorks and other network management applications to achieve high customer satisfaction on a worldwide basis.
ettain group has an immediate contract to hire for a Network Management Systems(NMS) Support Engineer for Raleigh NC.
• Analyze, use, and configure network management applications for medium to critical complexity networks.
• Phone/email/fax consultation to debug network systems problems of increasing levels of complexity.
• Manage workload and other assignments efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations reliable and professionally.
• Provide systems product training and mentoring to other teammates and assist in problem resolution where required.
• Utilize test equipment and configurations in lab for simulations of real problems.
• Escalate systems and problems to appropriate internal resources and resolve on a timely basis.
• Accurately and completely document problems and solutions on case notes and bug reports.
• Utilize ongoing knowledge of supported management products in order to resolve issues and problems and ensure accurate information is communicated.
• Complete projects which improve the support processes as assigned.
• Assist in a consultative role to facilitate the design of the network and complete design reviews as needed.
• Working expertise with CiscoWorks.
• Strong SNMP Skills and experience gathering data from devices.
• Network Management Product Knowledge of any or many of the following (CiscoWorks, CNR, NAM, HP Openview or Concord).
• 1+ years exposure to Unix/Linux/RHEL/Solaris.
• 1+ years network management experience.
• 1+ years exposure to networking products and protocols.
• Ability to
o communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
o work with cross-functional teams.
o determine problems and deliver known solutions.
o effectively with and provide guidance to other members of the work group.
• Bachelors in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / equivalent plus 4-7 years related experience.
• Active CCNA / CCNP certifications.
• CCSP, CCIE
• Experience with: RHCS, MCSE, Sun System Admin, Sun Network Admin, Sun Security Admin, Java, Unix, Perl.
sologig - 17 months ago