Summary : The Apprentice II is an entry-level, temporary position responsible for learning and performing tasks associated with all technical broadcast activity for their assigned network or area during their shift. Apprentices are required to perform various responsibilities inherent to their assigned network/area for the purpose of developing the required skill sets to work in the media services industry. Apprenticeships will continue for a maximum of 24 months. A standard workweek will be 32 hours, with a maximum 40-hour week.
· Work toward the mastery of all learning objectives for the assigned network/area. May include some or all of the following duties:
· Aggressive monitoring of network transmissions for quality control.
· Ingest and QC of broadcast material into multiple server systems.
· Operate routers, patch bays, waveform monitors, Vector scopes and encoding equipment.
· Trim programming and enter timing information into Server Database.
· Track materials for air on a daily basis.
· Provide shift relief for Master Control and Ingest Operators.
· Maintain traffic and/or library database. Knowledge of internal tracking systems.
· Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
· Completed a high school diploma or GED
· Basic computer proficiency
· Strong communication skills, written and oral
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· College degree in a Communications related field preferred, but not required.
· Broadcast experience preferred, but not required.
· Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
· Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Work Environment : The nature of this position requires the employee to work in an administrative office environment. This position is administrative in nature and has no unusual physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Encompass Digital Media - 19 months ago