Alarm.com, a rapidly expanding entrepreneurial technology company, is seeking an ambitious and self-directed individual with broad based technical skills to join our Network Operations team. This is a terrific opportunity to join a small but dynamic NOC team where you will have a high degree of accountability and a wide variety of technical and project management duties related to our mission critical NOC infrastructure. Our data is managed across multiple data centers hosted off site and data management is a critical component of our consumer technology products and services.
The Data Center Engineer’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling installations and upgrades and maintaining them in accordance with NOC policies and procedures
- Documenting systems, operating and troubleshooting procedures and security standards in a searchable format
- Monitoring and tuning the NOC systems to achieve optimum performance levels
- Installing, supporting and upgrading servers, software, databases and related technology solutions to ensure data integrity and NOC efficiency
- Establishing baseline models for operations, identifying and analyzing data to discover patterns, anomalies and make recommendations for improvements
- Contributing to the strategic architecture decisions related to the Network Operations Center, especially network connectivity and interconnectivity, redundancy, network equipment selects, and hacker-proofing
- Acting as the liaison to third party Network Operations Center engineers for network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Acting as the liaison to third party partners/vendors including cell networks/carriers for troubleshooting and issue resolution such as activation or CDMA
- Facilitating automation of reporting and monitoring of NOC network and traffic performance
- Managing after hours on call support on a rotating schedule and the ability to work after hours or weekends as required
- 5+ years of hands on systems engineering experience in a NOC environment
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- Experience operating in a 24X7 NOC environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of application performance on network operations
- Experience monitoring and/or managing mission critical NOC infrastructure
- Fluency with networking protocols; experience with Cisco routers and switches a plus
- Experience with troubleshooting operating systems and applications
- Demonstrated ability to understand the intrinsic requirements of applications, tools and network devices
- SQL Server or other database management experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience interfacing with internal customers and third party vendors and partners
- Self-motivated individual with proven ability to manage simultaneous complex technical projects
- Ability to function independently and drive projects to completion
- High degree of flexibility, good attitude, and a strong desire to work as part of a team are crucial to this role
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends as needed
Alarm.com, founded in 2000, is the industry leading technology provider of interactive security solutions. Through advanced wireless monitoring, mobile and web-based services, and a proven hosted services platform, Alarm.com helps protect over one million residential and commercial customers throughout the United States and Canada. Alarm.com’s products and services are offered exclusively through a network of over 5,000 licensed and authorized Security Dealers. Alarm.com’s headquarters are located in Vienna, VA. For more information, visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package starting on day one of employment including 100% paid medical for employees, a health savings account option with company contribution, waiver allowance, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays, paid time off starting at 4 weeks and increasing with tenure and paid maternity/paternity leave. We offer a casual dress work environment, annual company retreat, grocery delivery and in suite bike racks and showers.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 11 months ago
Alarm.com, founded in 2000, is a leading technology provider of connected home services, powering well over one million residential and...