Security Analysts perform real-time log analysis to provide network and data security for Dell SecureWorks client leveraging Dell SecureWorks’ Sherlock technology platform. Analysts provide excellent client service while evaluating the type and severity of security events by making use of packet analyses, and an in-depth understanding of exploits and vulnerabilities. Resolve client issues by taking the appropriate corrective action, or following the appropriate escalation procedures. Document all client communications. Work in a team environment and monitor the health and wellness of security devices on our client’s networks.
Preferred Technical Experience:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Significant experience with Linux, TCP/IP, UNIX, NT, IP Routing
- Firm understanding of regular expressions
- Understanding of database structure and queries
- Understanding of basic network services, vulnerabilities and attacks
- Good knowledge of NDIS platforms, as well as exploits and vulnerabilities
- Respond to inbound phone and electronic requests for technical assistance with Dell SecureWorks products
- Manage all customer situations in a professional manner with emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Dell SecureWorks iSensor and associated infrastructure
- Assess incident severity and escalate to the next level as needed
- Keep customers abreast of changes in status during issue resolution
- Set clear expectations and provide timely follow-up to customers as appropriate
- Utilize internal guidelines for effective call processing and escalation and client service
- Interact with network intrusion detection devices and other security systems via proprietary and commercial consoles, both local and remote
- Develop expert level skills with MPLE and the CTP platform.
- Be able to handle deep technical issues on customer calls.
- Be able to mentor other team members.
- Be able to readily assist Shift Lead when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be able to manage customer accounts and confidently communicate technical information to Dell SecureWorks client base
- Maintain keen understanding of evolving Internet threats to ensure the security of Dell SecureWorks Client networks
- Learn prerelease products in the area(s) of support responsibility in order to support them when released
- Write technical articles for internal knowledge base
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop customer solutions efficiently
- Coordinate or participate in individual or tem projects to ensure quality support for our clients
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer Service background and good written and verbal communication skills
- Cisco Security Agent experience is a plus
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Good interpersonal, and organizational skills, as well as phone and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain focus while performing in depth log analysis
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- three or more of experience as Network Intrusion Analyst
- Experience / Knowledge of Cisco NIDS devices
- Experience / Knowledge of Cisco Security Agents, Cisco Pix , ASA or CheckPoint Firewalls desirable
- Experience / Knowledge of variety of Intrusion Detection platforms
- Experience with VPN, SSL, other encryption methodology / technology a plus
- CCNA, CCSP, CSPFA Certifications a plus
- GIAC, GCIA, GCIH, GCFW, GHTO, GSEC or similar certification desirable
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 24 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...