Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team. Support International sales activities as a strategic and high-level corporate technical resource for vital pre-sales engagements and key opportunities. Job Responsibilities: Develop and maintain: *Core competency on Fortinet’s entire product line and technologies
Network Security Infrastructure – Switching, Routing, and Availability Network Security Enforcement – Firewall/VPN; Access, Authentication, and Privacy Network Security Management – Centralized Configuration, Administration, and Reporting Network Security Intelligence – Stateful inspection, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Intrusion Prevention, Content-Filtering and Application-level Security *Product knowledge of Fortinet’s key competitors.
- Expert-level technical and marketing knowledge in one of four specific technology disciplines as they relate to Fortinet’s products:
Job Skills Required: *Minimum 15 years Technical experience in networking / security
- Act as subject-matter expert in pre-sales design reviews and serve as authoritative consultant to Field Systems Engineers by providing technical guidance and leadership.
- Participate with SE peers to lead the design and architecture of secure IP networks utilizing and leveraging all aspects of Fortinet’s product line to create superior solutions in competitive environments.
- Provide training to System Engineers at various events worldwide and mentor SE specialists within Virtual Teams.
- Serve as Virtual Team Leaders and act as voice representing the International Sales Organization from a technical perspective at various meetings and committees.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to help identify, qualify, and develop features critical to Fortinet’s success.
- Write whitepapers, tech notes, and other high-level technical documentation as required.
- Interface with Fortinet’s Business and Technology partners within designated technology discipline and distribute that knowledge to the field Systems Engineers.
- Provide status reports in timely manner and ensure communication to the SE Director / VP SE.
processes key operational concepts network security technologies other, competitive products (will be a plus) *Team worker, focused on reaching objectives
- Extensive knowledge of Ip networks
- Extensive knowledge of switching / routing
- Good knowledge of security as a whole:
Education: *BSEE or equivalent experience, graduate degree preferred
- Experience with testing devices such as Spirent or Breaking Point (Preferred)
- Ability to travel on short notice (national and international)