Support International sales activities as a strategic and high-level corporate technical resource for vital pre-sales engagements and key opportunities. |
Develop and maintain:
Network Security Infrastructure – Switching, Routing, and Availability
- Core competency on Fortinet’s entire product line and technologies
- Expert-level technical and marketing knowledge in one of four specific technology disciplines as they relate to Fortinet’s products:
Network Security Enforcement – Firewall/VPN; Access, Authentication, and Privacy
Network Security Management – Centralized Configuration, Administration, and Reporting
Network Security Intelligence – Stateful inspection, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Intrusion Prevention, Content-Filtering
and Application-level Security
- Product knowledge of Fortinet’s key competitors.
- Act as subject-matter expert in pre-sales design reviews and serve as authoritative consultant to Field Systems Engineers by providing technical guidance and leadership.
- Participate with SE peers to lead the design and architecture of secure IP networks utilizing and leveraging all aspects of Fortinet’s product line to create superior solutions in competitive environments.
- Provide training to System Engineers at various events worldwide and mentor SE specialists within Virtual Teams.
- Serve as Virtual Team Leaders and act as voice representing the International Sales Organization from a technical perspective at various meetings and committees.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to help identify, qualify, and develop features critical to Fortinet’s success.
- Write whitepapers, tech notes, and other high-level technical documentation as required.
- Interface with Fortinet’s Business and Technology partners within designated technology discipline and distribute that knowledge to the field Systems Engineers.
- Provide status reports in timely manner and ensure communication to the SE Director / VP SE.
Job Skills Required:
- Minimum 15 years Technical experience in networking / security
- Extensive knowledge of Ip networks
- Extensive knowledge of switching / routing
- Good knowledge of security as a whole:
key operational concepts
network security technologies
other, competitive products (will be a plus)
- Team worker, focused on reaching objectives
- Experience with testing devices such as Spirent or Breaking Point (Preferred)
- Ability to travel on short notice (national and international)
- BSEE or equivalent experience, graduate degree preferred