A Senior Support Engineer primarily addresses escalations, tracks and owns project based assignments and provides guidance and mentorship in the management and monitoring of any security device within SecureWorks’ Managed Security Services. This individual must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail as well as excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills. It is a requirement to be able to quickly and efficiently resolve client issues while maintaining high levels of satisfaction. In addition to providing support to external clients, it is imperative that support for internal colleagues is provided as well to include, but not be limited to, supporting escalated ticket based work, providing training on various security devices, and creating device support and troubleshooting documentation.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and client care skills by documenting all activities within our client delivery systems and communicating with client representatives in a timely manner
- Provide technical support for SecureWorks’ Managed Security Services on a 7x24 basis. This involves identifying client issues, extensive troubleshooting, and coordinating resolution or restoration using a variety of applications and testing tools. These events can include hardware/software failures as well as security breaches and threats.
- Ability to work in fast paced, multi-tasking operations environment
- Define and document security operational procedures as required
- Mentor operational team members to improve quality and consistency of client support
- Work within a 7x24 shift-scheduled security operations environment
- Support activating new devices through the provisioning/installation of SecureWorks supported managed products
- Act as liaison on the behalf of Operations by troubleshooting with technology vendors including supporting the processing of RMA’d devices
- Perform senior-level device support to include applying security patches and performing device upgrades
- Coordinate and deliver internal training to any SecureWorks MSS personnel that requires it
- Take ownership of complex issues and work to resolution
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management.
- Provide on-call support for Operations
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree program in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Technology Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years hands on systems administration or network security experience
- Advanced experience with a variety of operating systems (i.e. Linux/Unix) in a functional capacity
- Advanced working knowledge of top tier enterprise security devices
- Advanced networking, routing, and defensive in-depth strategies
- Proven expertise in diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues, superior problem solving skills
- Possesses advanced scripting/programming skills
- Well spoken and articulate containing an attention to detail with excellent writing abilities.
- Must be able to communicate technical details in a clear, understandable manner
- Ability to read and interpret network diagrams
Dell - 2 years ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...