Network Security Engineer (Job Number: 318274)
SAIC currently has a job opening for a Network Security Engineer supporting our Navy and Marine Corps Business Unit in Charleston, SC.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Candidate will support the U.S. Navy Space and Naval Warfare System Command, System Center Charleston. He/She will be required to work in a team setting and provide leadership and make recommendations related to installation methodology, device configuration, site training and documentation. Candidate will have to work with limited to no supervision. Travel would be very limited.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and four (4) years of experience are required. High school diploma or GED and eight (8) years of experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Excellent writing skills
- Must have strong working knowledge with Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and McAfee Intrusion Detection Systems and Virtual.
- Expert knowledge on the behavior of TCP packet transfer, and packet analysis tools such as wire shark.
- Private Network devices and the security/vulnerabilities of these devices.
- Must have an expert understanding of TCP/IP in regards to routing and subnetting.
- Must have an expert understanding of TCP packet behavior and packet analysis software
- Must be able to train others on various computer hardware and software.
- Must be a team player that can work under pressure with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Juniper Remote Access SA-4000, Juniper SSG-20 to SSG-550, Juniper ISG 1000 and ISG2000
- Cisco Router 3845, Cisco Router 7206VXR, Cisco Router 7300, Cisco Router ASR 1002, Cisco Switch 3560-E, Cisco Switch 3750-E, Cisco Switch 4507-E
- Cisco Switch 3560, Cisco Switch/FWSM 6500-E, Cisco Web Cache Iron Port S650, Cisco Web Cache Iron Port S660, MRV Console Switch LX-4032T
- MRV Console Switch LX-4016T, Palo Alto Firewall PA-4050, McAfee IPS I-1200, McAfee IPS I-1400, McAfee IPS I-2700, McAfee IPS M-2750
- McAfee IPS I-3000, Citrix Branch Repeater 8540
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Mar 12, 2013, 10:00:12 AM
Primary Location: United States-SC-NORTH CHARLESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...