You are an engineer who has developed significant expertise in networking and cyber security ... are you ready for an exciting opportunity working hands on with the world’s most cutting-edge mobile SATCOM technologies? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are being counted on to drive compliance and implement commercial and government cyber security requirements? Can you keep pace with a rapidly expanding network and enjoy the opportunities that come with it? Sound interesting? Keep reading!
You will use your mobile network engineering expertise to specify, design, implement, document, test, troubleshoot and deploy wireless networks and cyber security solutions; drive cyber security compliance to government and commercial requirements; diagnose and resolve complex live network problems, provide critical network architecture support, and maintain a variety of network communication protocols. Because wireless networking is your passion, networking system commands in several platforms like Cisco, Juniper, and Linux are second nature, which allows you to easily help others in resolving operating system and networking issues. You will be directly involved in a number of wireless communications programs and projects for US DoD customers as well as commercial projects. This fast-paced multi-tasking environment requires you to interact with a broad spectrum of program managers, hardware/software/project engineers and various internal support organizations on a regular basis. You may occasionally travel to participate in field work at customer sites internationally and domestically.
- 8+ years working within Information Technology.
- 4+ years’ experience with system requirements, architecture, design, interface development, and test approach in IP network environments preferably for mobile 3G/4G cellular networks
- 4+ years’ experience with scalable and highly available, mobile information systems
- Experience with Information Security (e.g., DIACAP, FIPS, Common Criteria, NIST, PCI, Risk Management Framework)
- Experience designing and deploying enterprise networks including VPNs, application servers, firewalls, and/or databases preferably for mobile networks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, STEM or equivalent industry experience.
- Up to 15% domestic and international travel.
- US government position. US citizenship required.
Our corporate headquarters in Carlsbad is just a hop and skip away from the beautiful Pacific Coast. The campus feeling and entrepreneurial spirit can be felt in the hallways as well as the sand volleyball courts.
- Working with Mobile Carriers and/or IP Backhaul networks
- Experience with MPLS
- Knowledge of packet-level analysis
- Thorough understanding internetworking and network protocols with a preference for routing protocols like BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP in addition to switching protocols such as 802.1D, 802.1Q, 802.1ad, QinQ, STP, and MSTP
- Demonstrable expertise in protocol standards such as IPv4, IPv6, Mobile IP, 802.11b/g, GRE, ARP, and IPSEC
- Knowledge of network traffic analysis methods using network monitoring protocols and tools such as SNMP, RMON, Wireshark, TCPdump, windump, Cacti, Nfdump, and Nfsen.
- Experience with Active Directory-based organizational networks, including LDAP and Kerberos
- Practical experience in deployment and management of applied IT security technologies and tools such as AAA two-factor authentication, enterprise PKI, email encryption, network access control, intrusion detection/prevention systems and centralized endpoint protection.
- Knowledge of satellite communications systems/terminals; IA Vulnerability Management Processes; vulnerability testing tools (eEye Digital Retina, Tenable Nessus, or equivalent) and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems
- Recognized industry security certification (CISSP, GIAC, GPEN, etc.) and/or continuing education programs
- CCNA, CCNP,CCIE, or ICND I & II, Certifications or equivalents
Are you ready to take the next step in your career where you will thrive and enjoy coming to work? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at ViaSat. We look forward to hearing from you.
ViaSat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.
ViaSat - 8 months ago
ViaSat serves up digital satellite, networking, and signal processing equipment for both government and commercial clients. It makes secure...