Job Title: Network Security Support Engineer
Location: Richardson, TX
Alernate Location: RTP, NC
The High Touch team at Cisco is seeking an experienced Network Security Engineer to join the team. This team is comprised of Senior Cisco Engineers who are designated to our top tier enterprise and Service Provider accounts to provide network analysis, and troubleshooting of complex enterprise networks.
-- Provide escalated network consultation to independently debug complex security network problems including Cisco ASA/PIX firewalls, IDS, IPSEC VPN, CSM, and ACS
-- Expert-level troubleshooting knowledge required in at least one of the following products/technologies: 1) Cisco ASA Firewalls, 2) Cisco VPN solutions (AnyConnect, GETVPN, DMVPN), 3) Cisco ACS/NAC/ISE, 4) AAA(RADIUS/TACACS), 5) IPS/IDS.
Expertise in more than one of these areas is strongly preferred.
-- Must have in-depth knowledge of Cisco security products and mastery of how these products work across a variety of network implementations.
-- Products this position will support include:
-- Firewall: ASA, PIX, FWSM
-- IPSEC/VPN: IPSEC, AnyConnect/WebVPN, GETVPN, DMVPN
-- AAA: ACS, NAC, ISE Profiler
-- Other: VSG, Dot1x, DDOS/Guard, CSM (Cisco Security Manager), Cisco Access Registrar, MARS, Wireless Secure Gateway.
-- Provide systems/product training to peers within the High Touch Technical Support (HTTS) team.
-- Provide support on a world-wide basis to all HTTS customers.
-- Typically reports to Mgr, Advanced Services/Technical Support.
-- Interfaces with both senior and junior level CSEs, VARs, Account Teams, Network Consultant Engineers, end-users & internal engineering departments.
-- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
-- Receives minimal supervision. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. May provide guidance to lower level engineers. Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and configure medium to large networks. Proven crisis management skills. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations require in-depth evaluation of factors.
- Typically requires BS in CS or EE or equivalent plus 7-10 years related experience.
- CISSP, CCNP, CCIE highly preferred.
- 5+ years IP Networking experience
- 3+ years working knowledge of Security Networking industry, products and protocols
- Strong documentation skills--to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, defect management and trainings.
- Excellent verbal communication skills--these skills are essential for this engineering role as most of the work being done is via phone.
- Very strong Problem Solving skills--will be utilized often as this position covers all Cisco Security technologies.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP--IP knowledge is critical as it is the foundation for most Security technologies.
- Working knowledge of handling "network down" situations--This role will be handling and resolving S1/S2 Service Requests with limited supervision.
- Ability to drive recreates remotely--Many issues result in the engineer needing to perform a recreate of the customer problem in the lab in order to isolate the issue and resolve.
- Engineer should have experience with and knowledge of Cisco's Security products.
- Must be highly motivated and self driven. Must require minimal supervision.
- Good organizational and multitasking skills. The position requires that the CSE is able to prioritize his/her workload and manage customer commitments.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills. The HTTS Security team relies on each CSE to communicate and collaborate often. This results in very strong teamwork which has proven to be successful in driving issues to resolution quickly.
Cisco Systems - 21 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...