Network Service Engineer - PACS
About the Job
Network Service Engineer - PACS - New Brunswick, NJ
A major medical imaging PACS corporation is looking for a PACS Network Service Engineer for the Brunswick, New Jersey area. These individuals will work from a home-based office and take service calls as needed on a daily basis. Qualified individuals must have a strong Server OS and OS service skills such as IIS, web services, OS and hardware administration and troubleshooting. Primarily looking for 2003, 2008 and Active Directory experience. Any PACS or healthcare IT experience is would be a plus. There will be minimal overnight travel as most travel will be done in this general area.
This globally recognized company is a leading provider of medical image and information products for acquiring, processing, presenting, managing and storing diagnostic images. They are a full service diagnostic imaging company in PACS, Computed Radiography and X-ray sales and service. With nearly 40 years of expertise in the X-ray market, they have the experience, technology and vision to successfully lead its customers in the challenging healthcare environment of the 21st century.
* Strong Windows experience; fundamentals and troubleshooting (workstation OS (2000, + XP), servers (2000, 2003), AD, domains, users, policies) MCSA, MCSE, an Cisco or VMWare certifications are highly desirable.
* BS/BA degree with a few years of experience or an AAS/AS with futher experience minimal is necessary.
* Excellent networking skill set, primarily in TCP/IP. Should have a strong knowledge of routers, L2/L3 switches, and variable length subnetting / addressing, DNS, and command line tools. A bonus would be content switching.
* Storage technologies such as SAN, NAS, NFS, iSCSI and archival software platforms such as Veritas, SiskXtender, or Comm Vault are needed.
* Virtual technologies - VMWare experience to include Workstation, Server, ESXi, vSphere and advanced VMWare technologies such as HA, FT, vMotion, etc.
* Good mechanical skills ability to follow any manual instructions to replace any hardware components.
* Any database knowledge and experience understanding and troubleshooting - is a plus.
* Must have an Associates degree at minimum in Electronics, Networking or a Healthcare related field or equivalent military experience.
* Valid driver's license for local travel.
* Must be a U.S. citizen.
The Company Will Provide
* A very competitive salary $70,000-$75,000 base, plus paid overtime.
* A company car and all expenses paid.
* Commission incentives for service contracts and/or parts purchases.
* Great training on the company's products.
* Excellent health benefits.
* An excellent profit sharing program for retirement.
* 2 weeks of paid vacation first year and 10 paid holidays.
* Opportunity for growth in the company.
Go Job Search - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard