This is a full-time, twelve-month professional position responsible to the network administrator for the following:
1. Assisting College network administrator in the configuration, deployment, troubleshooting and monitoring of network equipment and services.
2. Responding to and evaluating problem reports of network services.
3. Documenting network deployment and configurations.
4. Providing Tier-2 support for campus IT Service Desk.
5. Performing other duties as assigned.
1. Associate degree in networking/related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
2. Bachelor's degree in information technology desirable.
3. Knowledge of core network infrastructure including switches, wireless access points, and structured cabling systems.
4. Knowledge of routers, firewalls, bridges, IP-based security cameras, VoIP equipment and systems desirable.
5. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment required.
6. Strong customer-service orientation and interpersonal skills essential.
7. Strong written and oral communication skills required.
8. Must be able to work independently, respect confidentiality and maintain courtesy with customers.
Tyler Junior College - 10 months ago