Grand Rapids, MI (Southbelt Facility)
Reporting to the Manager of IT Network Services the Network Specialist is a professional who supports all aspects of the network infrastructure which provide transparent data connectivity services to all the various business groups, international affiliates, and web sites. Must have a thorough knowledge of network technologies and equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, load balancing, network management, and network diagnostic tools. Be experienced with techniques and methods to provide a robust environment that provides high availability and functionality at a reasonable cost. Prepares and presents proposals for replacement equipment and technologies. Failure of the network could have immediate impact on the ability of some organizations within the company to perform their daily functions. This position will travel 3-4 weeks per year, with international travel expected.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to…
· Assist in the design of global WAN (Wide Area Network) solutions
· Research and evaluate remote connection options
· Partner with the end business user to support client needs
· Focus on day to day support for a large data network involving applications, infrastructure challenges, and responding with appropriate action such as troubleshooting, reconfiguration, training, escalation, and notification
· Work on moderate to complex projects and tasks under the general guidance of management
The accomplished individual will demonstrate progressive experiences in…
- The ability to consult and support other information systems teams and business groups
- Strong Analytical skills
- The ability to solve complex problems
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal communication and organizational skills
An outstanding professional will have the following credentials…
· BS Degree in Computer Science or other related technical is required
· 3+ years experience in a complex networking environment
· Experience with wireless technologies
· Experience with Cisco technologies preferred, CCNP strongly preferred
· Project management and LAN / WAN design and deployment experience
· Experience with Riverbed WAN Acceleration technologies
· Experience with BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS services, DMVPN networks, web acceleration and netflow technologies
Amway’s exceptional benefits package includes: Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance; 401(K) participation; Profit Sharing; Bonus Eligibility; Fitness Center; product discounts. Look into how Amway can transform your career! Visit our web site to apply: http://www.amway.com/en/about-amway/careers . Reference AutoReqID XXXXBR. EOE. For additional information, check us out at www.linkedIn.com/company/amway , www.facebook.com/AmwayTalent , and www.twitter.com/AmwayTalent .
As a $10.9 billion dollar pioneer in the direct selling industry, Amway has been helping the world live better lives since 1959. With more...