General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS) is part of General Dynamics and has been a trusted partner to the U.S. intelligence, maritime, space and homeland communities for more than 50 years. With the expertise to lead, the insight to deliver and the commitment to succeed, we staff each mission with a carefully selected team of seasoned professionals. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., General Dynamics employs approximately 91,000 people worldwide. The company is a market leader in advanced information systems, intelligence collection and processing, business aviation, land and expeditionary combat systems, armaments and munitions, shipbuilding and marine systems, and information systems and technologies.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS) has an immediate opening for a Network Specialist to join our team. The position is to perform as a Storage Area Network (SAN) Systems Administrator, to manage the installation and maintenance of SAN software and utilities; to support backup and recovery of the operating system, application software and data; to debug SAN hardware and network issues; to support SAN setup, configuration and support; and to support performance tuning and capacity planning in an enterprise data center environment.
Design, plan, implement, support and administer all aspects of SAN Storage, Unix Operating Systems and NetApp Data-on-Tap Manager, LTO, STK Tape Library Technologies, IBM and Hitachi Enterprise Storage Servers/Arrays and Storage Area Networks (SAN).
Provide expert support with information systems security, operations, techniques, and standards in a SAN environment.
Provide recommendations to improve the environment, propose solutions to issues, develop and lead new projects, maintain current documentation, attend scheduled meetings, and implement industry best practices.
- SAN\NAS connectivity utilizing Fiber Channel, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS
- Storage Architecture in diverse, multi-vendor, multi-function storage environment: 8+ years experience with Design, Planning, Implementation, Support and Administrative aspects.
- Demonstrated experience in design, engineering, implementing and supporting Enterprise Storage technology and solutions: SAN/NAS from the major Contractors such as EMC, HP, Dell, IBM, VMware, CISCO, NetApp, Hitachi USP series, Hitachi AMS series, IBM Disks and storage area networks such as Brocade DCX, McDATA 6064 and McDATA 6140, SVC.
Demonstrated ability to manage large enterprise storage environment (more than 2 Petabyte of storage).
- Demonstrated knowledge and hand-on skill sets in configure and optimize storage with remote replications and backup.
- Experience conducting Tiered Storage Analyses.
- Demonstrated experience in storage system architecture, administration, automated installation, performance tuning, clustering, automated system recovery procedures in a highly available enterprise storage systems architecture to include:
and VMFS in a multi-gigabit-speed network technology for high performance storage area
Candidates must demonstrate passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of technological systems and programming, and the ability to further advance GDAIS technology.
The Network Specialist position requires a bachelors degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent and five to eight years of related experience, or a masters degree with three to five years of related experience.
Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- VMware and Netapp storage architecture and technologies. Installing, Configuring, Administering and Troubleshooting of SAN Storage, UNIX, Windows and NetApp Data-on-Tap Storage Manager Servers in a multi datacenter environment.
- Experience acting as the technical lead supporting the analysis and resolution of complex problems involving SAN Storage, Backup Systems, and Unix/Windows Servers.
General Dynamics AIS - 2 years ago
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems is a provider of end-to-end ISR solutions to help ensure our customers have the right...