Hours are 11pm to 7am OR Midnight until 8am.
The migration process involves migrating existing data customer PVCs from one network architecture to another network architecture provisioned with dedicated OC3 or Gigabit Ethernet circuits for each PON shelf. In regions where GR-303 is used PON shelves 3, 4 and 5 have dedicated OC3 or Gigabit Ethernet circuits. In regions where TR-08 is used, PON shelves 3 and 4 have dedicated OC3 or Gigabit Ethernet circuits. These dedicated OC3 circuits connect directly from the OLT to ERX.
Normal Priority migration process is designed as an automated process using the iVAPP, BAAIS, Panorama and PON NMS systems, requiring Network Specialists to create the project, and then work fallout as required with the necessary support departments. Immediate Priority projects, requested for individual PVC’s, require manual execution of each step throughout the migration process.
Overview of the FiOS NOC: The NNMC is client’s national surveillance center responsible for providing round-the-clock vigilance over the backbone network, which supports the next generation of premier services delivered over the FTTP network.
The NNMC is service agnostic and will reduce the support costs of the network by leveraging the monitoring of FiOS voice, video, and data services delivered across a TCP/IP based infrastructure, be able to quickly perform root-cause correlation across multiple domains, and by adding new emerging services without the need to build disparate centers as new technologies become available.
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five years experience in any of the following disciplines:
- VOATM, VOIP, IP, TCP, BGP, ATM, Data, Broadband Networking
- Data or Voice Network Management
- Transport Maintenance and Management (ADM, SONET, Digital Cross-Connects)
- Video service
- Familiarity with VOIP, VOATM, IP, ATM, Data, Optical, Broadband Networks, Broadcast and/or VOD Video
- FTTP Terminology – Should be familiar with the meaning of the following terms.
- PON – BPON, enhanced BPON and GPON
- OLT and ONT
- ERX and VAR
- CLLI codes and Circuit ID naming convention
- Basic Knowledge and Understanding :
- Should be able to diagram and explain the traffic flow for data and video for the following network elements types
- Project Creation and Processing
- Circuit Information Verification
- Project Fallout
- Project Tracking