Medical Diagnostic Laboratories LLC (MDL) is a member of the Genesis Biotechnology Group (GBG). GBG is a consortium of entities and institutes, in the fields of molecular biology, medicinal chemistry and biotechnology. Our mission is to improve the patient's quality of life by linking basic science and the development of diagnostic and pre-clinical treatments. We provide clinical laboratory services through a CLIA certified clinical laboratory with multiple state licensing. The laboratory specializes in state of the art; automated DNA based molecular analysis of a variety of chronic and infectious diseases. Our GBG members are also engaged in research and development of complex genetic tests, screening for potential drugs and drug targets, clinical trials and other research and academic collaborations. The Genesis Biotechnology Group has an opening for a Network Support Specialist to join our IT department at our corporate office in Hamilton, NJ. Candidate should have 1-3 years experience, able to work independently and manage multiple concurrent tasks while maintaining an appropriate attitude and composure. Candidate should be flexible and ready to handle a variety of technical needs of our company and willing to assist non-technical employees.
Responsibilities: Answering helpdesk calls, and managing the helpdesk ticketing queue, from the headquarters and remote sites. Documenting ticket resolutions.
- Imaging, and installing new workstations, software and associated updates.
- Managing a variety of desktops including Windows platforms and Apple.
- Good troubleshooting skills with a wide variety of 3rd party software.
- Providing asset management support and updating the hardware and software inventory application.
- Printer, copier, scanner and fax machine maintenance.
- Service various smartphone types including BlackBerry, Android, and iOS connected to corporate email.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in client server environment.
- Assist with maintaining , upgrading and troubleshooting LAN/WAN networks
- Traveling to remote sites to provide support, mostly 1mi distance.
- Providing software training of desktop applications to the staff as necessary.
- Maintain and support companywide tools, such as Antivirus, Track-it, SCVMM
- Assist with employee account changes in Active Directory, Exchange, and related software.
- Supporting remote access VPN users, with laptop, and phone issues.
- Willingness to learn specialized software, (DocStar, Biscom, MAS2000, etc.)
We are looking for a hands-on person with excellent technical and problem solving skills to make sure our operation is running efficiently and flawlessly. The right candidate will need to have good organizational and communications skills and will need to work with all levels of users, from novice to highly technical. The person must be a collaborative team member of the Technology Department and be willing to put the time in to get the job done.
- 1-3 years network support experience.
- Technical School Diploma or College degree in Computer Science
- A+, Network +, MCP or related certification is desirable.
Visit us at http://www.mdlab.com
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Policies (Accident, Hospital Indemnity,
- Critical Illness & Supplemental STD)
- Legal Plan & Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- Business Casual Environment
- Credit Union
Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago