Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has
grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the
world’s leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS)
providers that offers complete design, engineering, and
manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive,
computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure,
medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of
facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over
a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design,
build, ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
related to IT infrastructure within the Austin site
- Responsible for Network Administrative activities
supporting the Manufacturing and Service business
operations. Responsible for analyzing customer needs
and priorities for network design and
implementation. Configure and perform diagnostics on
network infrastructure devices. Troubleshoot LAN
including cable, wireless, fiber, switches and
routers. Configure and install LAN switches. Perform
hardware fault isolation and repair; repair switch
and VLAN problems; insuring network is available on
a day-to-day basis, monitoring, change management,
incidents. Server and deskside support as needed.
recommendations for purchase and upgrades of site
- Proactively manage site network load, make
network hardware and software, including servers and
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot local area
configurations and cabling layouts, including
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network
with Corporate in installing customer networks.
- Create and modify company networks. Design and work
- Monitors and maintains network performance and
that will improve performance and reliability of the
- Propose system enhancements software and hardware
Provides support of customer networks.
- Corrects network problems and outages as they occur.
- Maintains all systems, applications, security, and
- Support servers in an Active Directory environment.
- Implements IT projects.
- Experienced in Site applications that are used
Windows operating systems and server hardware.
- Good knowledge of Six Sigma Lean and 5S Principles.
- Maintain knowledge of Switch IOS, Network hardware,
Support VoIP, Avaya/Nortel VoIP phone network.
a daily basis.
- Work Service Now queue, being assigned new cases on
occasional after hours support coverage for Data
- Participate in rotating 24x7 “on call” and
Center IT issues.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Define, design and implement network communications
communication processor and makes recommendations
- Manage the load configuration of a central data
for purchase or upgrade of data networks.
network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, and
- Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation,
operational matters and ensure operations’ effective
- Make final decisions on administrative or
achievement of objectives.
involved developing, modifying and executing company
- Review objectives to determine success of operation,
policies that affect immediate operations(s) and may
also have company-wide effect.
schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets,
applications in order to fulfill customer’s
- Create and modify new company’s networks and
maintain the security of customer’s IP.
- Implement security policies and create procedures to
REQUIRED (MUST-HAVE) QUALIFICATIONS:
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of experience in Network Administration
TCP, UDP, NetBIOS, GRE, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, routing
- Advanced experience of LAN/WAN protocols.
- Solid understanding of IP addressing, subnetting,
protocols, route filtering and ACL's,
bridging/switching protocols, spanning tree
protocol, firewall, IPSEC, WAAS, VPN VoIP, load
current and new generation switches/routers
- Advance Cisco routing and switching skills of
and external parties and should be able to
- Performance tuning of network infrastructure.
- Strong network design and implementation abilities.
- Experience with packet sniffing applications.
- Experience in Windows Systems Administration.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interact with management, vendors
effectively communicate complex issues in a clear
and concise manner.
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting of Windows
Flextronics - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider...