Network Systems Administrator |
- Full time position available in the Information Technology Services department. The Network Systems Administrator will assist in the design, installation, support and maintenance of the campus-wide computer Network and network based services. The Network Administrator reports to the Network Manager.
• Utilize change management process in designing, configuring, supporting and maintaining all aspects of the campus data network.
• Design, implement, maintain and test a data backup and disaster recovery plan.
• To monitor both wired and wireless network performance, identify and respond to problems as well as determine where changes will need to be made to maintain future performance.
• Ensure security of the campus network, including preserving the campus firewall.
• Diagnose network problems as they arise, assist network users with related issues, and work with the Network Manager to implement solutions, detailing progress using the department’s ticket tracking system.
• Execute current updates on all network related equipment including server operating systems, network switch software and firmware, anti-virus software and anti-malware software. May involve after-hours and weekend work when necessary.
• Accept other duties as assigned.
Education and Preferred Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required with two years of related experience. Network operating system certification is preferred. The successful candidate will have experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Mac OS X Server and Linux network operating systems. Critical thinking and complex problem solving skills, detail and result-oriented work ethic, excitement about new technology and the desire to serve are essential.
A committed and dynamic Christian faith is vital along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
To apply please submit a signed employment application and resume to the Human Resources office.
Posted: 8/29/2013 Deadline: Until filled
Asbury University - 30+ days ago