This position is responsible for installation, management, maintenance, capacity planning, and support of the HTC Americas network infrastructure. Areas of responsibility include, but not limited to: hardware and software for all network devices, network configuration management, server hardware support, and advanced technical problem resolution for all HTC Americas locations. This position will be 90% network administration with 10% system administration.
What you get to do everyday:
Network Administration/Server Support
Unified Communications Support
- Oversees the day-to-day operation & maintenance of computer networks and equipment
- Owns trouble tickets related to network problems and assists the Helpdesk.
- Regularly monitors and troubleshoots issues with the network or unified communication systems.
- Works with the IT Team to implement projects.
- Secures network; monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges.
- Supports virtual environments and storage area networks (SANs) when needed.
- Maintains all network documentation, including SOPs for IT Staff.
- Evaluates, tests, plans, and implements network solutions at the direction of IT Management.
- Responds to emergencies on a 24/7 basis. On-call rotation is required.
What you bring to the role:
- Plans, recommends, assists in the design of Unified Communication systems
- Develops and implements Unified Communications procedures and/or voicemail and call features
- Installs telecommunications equipment
- Deploys and Supports the region-wide Cisco-Tandberg Video Teleconference system.
- Supports IT Project Managers in remote offices with WAN Circuits and Unified Communications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science-related field OR an equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Systems/Network Administration
- CCNA Certification or demonstrable knowledge of Cisco and network administration.
- Demonstrated experience with analysis, administration, and troubleshooting of a large regional network.
- Experience working with enterprise grade load-balancing and caching network devices (F5, Citrix, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows Server infrastructure.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate complex ideas, processes, and information.
- Advanced problem solving skills with a tenacity for resolution.
- MUST have a close attention to detail.
- Experience self-managing time and workload
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
- Experience with Cisco, VMware, Hyper-V, EMC/HP/NetApp SANs, F5 Networks, Citrix Systems, Aruba Networks, Symantec Backup Exec, MS System Center Suite, MS Exchange and AD Administration.
- 10% travel may be required. Must be able to travel internationally to Canada and Mexico.