US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
***This position requires an
level security clearance to even be considered. If you do
possess at least that first requirement,
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
; as you will
A member of our Technical Services Division has an opportunity for a
Network System Administrator
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Suffolk, VA. Work as a member of a Northrop Grumman TS team supporting the Joint Coalition and Warfighting (JCW).
We are seeking a highly motivated person to serve as a System Administrator to build, operate and manage mail, web and data file servers used during training exercises and events at JCW. The candidate must be able to work independently and with other administrators to build operating systems (OS) and application servers and workstations to support JCW modeling and simulation (M&S) systems. Take technical direction from the Senior System Administrator for work assignments and overall requirements. Candidate must be capable of installing patches and upgrades to OS for Linux and Windows platforms. Candidate should have a thorough understanding of installing and managing Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and be familiar with VMware. The candidate will be required to perform system security lockdowns as necessary, to include troubleshooting and isolation of problems that are created during installation. Assist in isolation and troubleshooting of operating systems, installing applications, and providing solutions to operational problems
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current and active U.S. Secret level security clearance to be selected.
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification
- Six (6) years of experience in a joint warfare environment required
- Must have experience with network security to include firewalls and virus protection software
- Must have three (3) years’ experience with NIS, DNS, network file systems, web, portal and mail servers
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of user accounts to include the limitation of capability and access
- Must have experience with the resolution of problems related to hardware and software, both application and operating systems
- Skilled in Windows 2003/8 server applications, use of Active Directory, account management and Exchange server maintenance
- Requires experience with MS Windows Active Directory and familiarity with one of the following: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, or HP-UX
- B.A./ B.S. in CIS, Computer Science, System Engineering, or related discipline and six (6) years position related experience in admin/operational maintenance of current Joint C4I systems required; (4) yrs exp w/ Master's; (10) total years required if no degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Masters in Computer Science preferred
- Experience with DISA Gold Disk and STIGS is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Afghan Mission Network, use of group policy on WANs desirable.
- Experience with the installation and management of Oracle (Version 10, 11) is preferred.
- Experience with networks to include 10/100/1000 ethernet, IP addressing schemes, and VLANs is highly desirable.
- Experience in migration of DoDIIS systems to Window 2008 , Unix server operation and CENTCOM theater experience is highly preferred.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 12 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...