Highly technical, exciting and challenging opportunity to work on a sophisticated global Voice over IP network! This advanced technical position directly contributes to the stability and performance of the complex operations of iBasis’ Network.
- Network systems support and analysis:
- Handling escalations from Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Analyze and resolve Customer/Partner issues, determine and document problem root cause.
- Training, documentation, and technical assistance to NOC, provisioning and other departments of the company.
- Support NOC in trouble shooting Network Signaling. H323, SIP, SIP-I, SS7 (ISUP & MAP), ISDN issues, outages and protocol debugs.
- Support NOC on issues with Mobile solutions like SMS Hubbing, Global mobile Signaling, GRX, IPX etc.
- Support Engineering with evaluation and implementation on new network architecture and designs.
- Escalate and follow-up with vendors on problems in network elements.
- Review and participate in Network changes and Change Management
- Working closely with R&D, IS and vendors for upgrade/change device hardware and software. ( IOS upgrades and application upgrades)
- Working closely with OSS for setting up of network systems in monitoring and alarming solution for NOC.
- Support capacity management efforts and feedback to infrastructure for capacity concerns and recommend actions.
- Handling issues with IP Networking, Core Routing and Switching. (OSPF, EIGRP and BGP )
- Configuration management and verification including managing current configurations, as well as updates to standard configuration as needed.
- Plan and participate in Network component redundancy and failover testing
- Security auditing and maintenance and management of ACL Changes.
- Routine/Periodic Maintenance on Equipment including (but not limited to):
- Maintenance and performance monitoring for Gatekeeper/Gateway including AS5x00 and MGX 8880 gateways.
- Cisco PGW2200 Call Control Platform and associated Equipments like ITP/SLT.
- Tekelec Eagle STP systems, SMS Hubbing platform and application
- Session boarder controllers including Genband and Cisco cube.
- Protocol Monitoring Solutions like Tekelec PIC, Netracker and Sniffer.
- Monitoring and trouble shooting Cisco Routers and Multilayer Switches,
- PIX Firewall and Application load balancers like Cisco CSS and Radware.
This iBasis job description is subject to change in the Company’s sole discretion. Like all iBasis job descriptions, this description is intended to provide an overview of the necessary responsibilities and job related qualifications. It does not list every responsibility nor is it intended to be a complete representation of expectations and criteria. This job may change to facilitate our evolving business and the overall NOC operations.
- 3 + years Telecommunications/Networking experience in the following industries or those closely related: IXC, RBOC, CLEC, ISP, and ITSP.
- BS Degree in IT, CS, EE, or related technical field, or have attained and demonstrated equivalent levels of experience.
- Candidates who have achieved professional certification, such as a CCVP is a plus along with the experience.
- Direct experience with Voice Over IP technology and concepts include:
- Strong understanding of VOIP/TDM signaling of H323, SIP, SIP-I, SS7 (ISUP & MAP) and ISDN at the protocol level.
- Understanding of VOIP codecs including G.711, G.729, G.723.
- Previous experience with SS7, ISDN protocol analyzers is desired.
- Knowledge of UNIX, Linux and understanding of scripting is desired.
- Component knowledge on devices including Cisco IP-IP Gateways, Cisco TDM Gateways ( AS 5x00 and MGX 8880 ) , Genband, Cisco Gatekeepers, Cisco MultiLayer Switches, Cisco Routers, PIX Firewall, PGW2200, Tekelec Eagles, Ericsson AXE switches and various other components of a global VOIP and Signaling network.
- Thorough understanding of SNMP and alarming system highly desired
- On Call support and availability required.
- Hands on technical support after hours as needed, as well as during high traffic periods, including Holiday and Weekends.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Strong demonstrated skill as a self starter, ability to plan and complete independent projects and assignments in a cross functional organization.
- Strong demonstrated customer interface skills and work well with cross-functional organizations.
- Excellent communications skills.