The Network Systems Specialist provides hands-on operation, administration and oversight of the University’s network infrastructure components to ensure the availability and proper maintenance of those resources. He/she works in collaboration with the Network Systems Engineer to coordinate and implement changes to the network Infrastructure and provides expertise in the operation and administration of wireless controller based network facilities to establish network configurations that provide the necessary functionality for daily usage. The specialist will work with the technology staff and the University community to assess special networking requests, to procure the necessary resources and to develop the necessary processes and procedures to meet their needs. He/she will assist in the management of the operational relationship and work collaboratively with low voltage cabling vendors that provide structured cabling systems for new construction, building renovation and break/fix.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Two – three years’ experience managing structured cabling requirements and contractors for small to large scale infrastructure projects.
- Three or more years network systems administration and deployment experience. Experience with Enterasys a plus.
- One – two years’ experience working with controller based wireless network environments.
- General knowledge of network hardware, software, protocols, programming and services, and a working knowledge of various operating systems.
- Hands-on experience with the installation and configuration of network electronics such as access points, switches, routers and related equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to write clear, well organized, and technically accurate prose.
- Proven ability to communicate about technical topics in plain English
- Superior problem solving and multi-tasking skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to respond quickly to user needs by providing integrated, creative solutions.
- Experience in the academic environment preferred
- Strong service orientation, and a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a productive team.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS.
Salary Grade 26: $53,957.00 - $74,461.00
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.