Network Technician (Job Number: 131534)
Location - United States-VA-Ashburn
Organization - Visa Inc.
Job - Network Control
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Network Technician will act with a sense of urgency to successfully complete work on time, Support process improvement efforts within the department, Work collaboratively and be an active team member, and work collaboratively and be an active team member. In this role, you will also document and communicate critical milestones/progress of ongoing incidents at the pre-defined time points, as well as follow documented operations processes and resolution/escalation procedures.
- Provide consistent high quality technical support for Visa Inc. applications & infrastructure.
- Communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely and accurate.
- Following documented support procedures, manage each issue through resolution to meet established service levels.
- Track and update all incidents in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets ticket quality standards.
- Escalate incidents in a timely manner per support procedures.
- Proactively monitor, recognize, analyze, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Liaisons with L2 support groups and/or development groups in the resolution of incidents.
- Support project schedules and changes.
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training.
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- Technical staff member with hardware/software system configuration and troubleshooting skills. Includes (but is not limited to) routers, firewalls, servers, and other network hardware.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities in resolving routine problems within technical areas of responsibility. Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of others to prevent compromises to Visa’s business or client service level agreements.
- MS Office Proficiency
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL)
- Adept customer service background
- Visa systems exposure
- General knowledge of commercial, corporate, extranet and non-production (QA & development) networks and VOIP phone systems
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network
- Professional (CCNP)
- BS degree in Information Systems or CS
Visa - 20 months ago
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than...