Network Technician (Job Number: 130378)
Location - United States-CO-Highlands Ranch
Organization - Technology
Job - Network Control
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Provide consistent high quality technical support for Visa Inc. applications & infrastructure. Communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely and accurate. Following documented support procedures, manage each issue through resolution to meet established service levels. Track and update all incidents in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets ticket quality standards. Escalate incidents in a timely manner per support procedures. Proactively monitor, recognize, analyze, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques. Liaisons with L2 support groups and/or development groups in the resolution of incidents. Support project schedules and changes. Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training. Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
MS Office Proficiency
- Technical staff member with hardware/software system configuration and troubleshooting skills. Includes (but is not limited to) routers, firewalls, servers, and other network hardware. Demonstrated analytical abilities in resolving routine problems within technical areas of responsibility. Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of others to prevent compromises to Visa’s business or client service level agreements.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- BS degree in Information Systems or CS
- Adept customer service background
- Visa systems exposure
- IT systems, Key Controls, and compliance knowledge
- General knowledge of commercial, corporate, extranet and non-production (QA & development) networks and VOIP phone systems
- Execute Seamlessly – Act with a sense of urgency to successfully complete work on time
- Execute Seamlessly – Support process improvement efforts within the department
- Model Collaboration – Work collaboratively and be an active team member
- Document and communicate critical milestones/progress of ongoing incidents at the pre-defined time points.
- Follow documented operations processes and resolution/escalation procedures.
- Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert console and phone calls.
- Propose process/procedure improvements to better the department and services provided
- Working under supervision, this role still requires the use of discretion in certain circumstances. However it is expected that guidance will be sought in unfamiliar, uncommon or unusual situations.
- Written procedures for most tasks and duties in this role will be provided.
Visa - 2 years ago
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than...