Network Technician - |
The Data Center Operations Technician provides Level 1 and 2 operational supports for servers, storage and network. This position is responsible for service availability and troubleshooting, capacity planning, server backups and compliance with corporate standards and methodologies. This person will work with remote support resources to deploy, operate, diagnose and repair systems and infrastructure. This position will also assist with desktop support including Windows workstations, conference room A/V systems, mobile devices, and other general office technology.
Principal Responsibilities: (Essential Function)
This position requires hands-on working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, Storage systems and networking technologies. As a prerequisite, candidates should have Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, and trouble-shooting skills. This position requires work off-hours (as needed) for infrastructure maintenance, upgrades, patches, or other similar tasks. A successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, be highly organized, and have a record of delivering outstanding customer service.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and provide technical support for workstations.
• Provide solutions to meet client needs.
• Install hardware and/or software
• Provide overview of hardware and software to clients.
• Perform data migrations to new systems while ensuring all data is properly migrated from the old system.
• Work on requisitions of new equipment to determine application needs for new and existing users.
• Perform hardware upgrades (memory installs, hard drive upgrades) as required.
• Must be able to lift desktops, laptops, monitors, printers and other IT related equipment.
• Complete assigned tickets in timely manner.
• Contribute to On-site Support Services Teams operation documentation as required.
• Microsoft Windows Server (2003 & 2008) & Active Directory
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• VMware ESX and Virtual Center
• Network Appliance storage systems
• SAN and NAS Technologies (FCP, CIFS, NFS, etc)
• Oracle Databases
• Cisco Switches and routers IOS and NOS
• Brocade Fiberchannel Switch Fabrics
• Veritas NetBackup
• BS or BA 4 year degree plus work experience.
• 3 years experience in IT operations in a commercial environment
• 2 years experience in data center server operations and troubleshooting
• Maintain inter-department relationships to resolve client issues
• Effectively communicate with both internal and external clients
• Develop communication and working relationship with Supervisor
• Customer Service Orientation
• Functional Job Knowledge
• Managing Stress
• Oral Communication
• Planning and Organizing
• Technical and Professional Competence
• Work Standards
• Written Communication
• Ability and desire to learn new skills and master new technology
• Attention to detail
• Strong organization and follow-up skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
C3i, Inc. - 13 months ago
C3i provides a variety of IT services, consulting, and outsourcing services to clients in the life sciences industry. The company...