Role and Responsibilities
Provide on site and remote support for client’s wired and wireless networks to include firewall/routers, managed network switches, access point controllers, wireless access points, data storage equipment and the hardware and software to support those networks.
Troubleshoot and resolve network and connectivity issues on site.
Interact with clients on-site to determine the nature of their issues and provide any instruction they may need in the operation of their network connected devices.
Design, engineer, evaluate, install, test, and support client’s LANs and WANs. Familiarity with Ruckus, HP Procurve, and Mikrotik equipment and systems is a plus.
Create and maintain accurate and up to date network documentation for all networks.
Provide expert guidance, support, and instruction to Service and Installation Coworkers on the installation and trouble shooting of flat and managed networks.
Take a proactive anticipatory approach to IT related issues (clients and in-house) and institute preventative measures to avoid future problems.
Provide desktop support of hardware and software issues with employee’s computers.
Working knowledge of Active Directory, SQL, and Microsoft Server 2010 a plus.
- Extensive technical knowledge in the rapidly and increasingly complex disciplines of information and systems technology.
- Needs assessment, system integration, project management skills
- Ongoing operational support and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written skills coupled with the ability to reduce highly technical information systems jargon to concise and easy to understand language
- Ability to design and install client specific wired and wireless networks. This includes wire termination, installing the hardware, configuration, documentation, testing, and trouble shooting.
Successful candidate must have extensive experience in wired and wireless computer networks.
Successful candidate must have a strong IT background with a well rounded base of experience to include desktop support for PC and the full suite of Microsoft Office products.
Candidates with 4 of more years of pertinent experience will be evaluated first.
Successful candidate will be required to pass a drug test.