Assist in the installation, support, and ongoing maintenance of Midcontinent and customer networks.
• Participate in the installation and ongoing maintenance of Midcontinent and customer networks, and actively support various groups within Midcontinent by helping to resolve escalated issues and problems.
• Design network drawings.
• Perform basic switch configurations (default VLAN and access port assignments).
• Equipment, rack, power and wiring installation and standards.
• Perform circuit testing and basic network troubleshooting.
• Basic transport introduction to cabling types (WDM, mux/demux).
• IP address and subnetting.
• Successfully support installations and maintenance of Midcontinent and customer networks.
• Assist in the implementation and documentation of LAN, WAN, and MAN networks.
• Participate in the network management and maintenance of routers, switches, optical shelves, etc, and provide assistance handling network outages and problems.
• Ensure that the Midcontinent network is secure from outside attack or penetration.
• Provide effective problem solving support for a variety of Midcontinent’s groups, including Customer Service, Engineering, NOC, etc. Report significant activity to the NOC and keep detailed statistics regarding these activities.
• Provide assistance with projects, including diagramming, reporting, documenting, time management, etc.
• Ensure viable disaster recovery and back up plans are in place for all systems.
• Provide effective “on call” support and be prepared to work other than regular business hours as necessary.
• Communicate and maintain up-to-date, accurate documentation for passwords, diagrams, security, etc.
• Must be able to travel when necessary.
• Maintain current, valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for employment in this position.
• Drive Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance and to arrive to work on time as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Effectively communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Associate’s Degree in related industry or equivalent experience required.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...