The desired candidate will assume first level responsibility of assigned networks. This individual may be required to work an on-call rotation which requires availability 24x365. This position is customer facing, requiring direct interaction; the individual will align requests with department goals â€“ discussing major changes with manager.
Decision: Decisions are governed by corporate or department policy. Influences department policy. Depending on scope individual may be required to discuss with manager.
Direct Reports: None.
Physical: Lifting and transporting equipment and archival boxes short distances.
Travel: < 10%, may require travel for project based work.
Ã± Monitors multiple network segments ensuring maximum availability
Ã± Maintains thorough documentation on assigned systems and networks
Ã± Ensures adequate availability of field serviceable network equipment for field service staff use
Ã± Configures switches, routers, firewalls and other network equipment
Ã± Adheres to corporate standards for network device configuration
Ã± Performs preventive maintenance tasks as assigned/identified
Ã± Mentors field service technicians and computer operations staff on first tier network troubleshooting techniques
Ã± Develops workflows and checklists for field service and computer operations staff on network related tasks
Ã± Assists in Second and Third tier issue resolution
Ã± Participates in hotline functions as necessary
Ã± May be required to travel to remote locations to troubleshoot equipment issues
Ã± Tracks and confirms service request completion and service level satisfaction
Ã± Participates in software testing cycles
Ã± 1-2 years lottery system operations
Ã± 1-2 years fast-paced data center environment
Ã± 1-2 years process development
Ã± 1-2 years training facilitation
Ã± 2 year network device configuration (Cisco)
Technical skills desired
- Cisco (CCNA certification preferred)
- Troubleshooting advanced issues with telecommunications provider
- Operating System
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008)
- Linux (RedHat)
- Atlassian Jira (Request tracking system)
- Astea (Service Management)
- Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Word, Visio)
- Microsoft Remote Desktop
- PuTTY and Bitvise Tunnelier
- This position may work holidays as shift requires to provide necessary coverage in a 24x365 operation
- This job description is not all inclusive, additional duties may be required as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a strict background check by SGI and customer (i.e. various state agencies)
Scientific Games Corporation - 20 months ago