The men and women employed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore are dedicated professionals who endeavor to support the mission of the Archdiocese in many diverse areas including spiritual ministry, formation, social work, education and administrative services. We are seeking to add committed and dedicated professionals to our team. If you love the mission of the Catholic Church and seek to make a difference, a role at the Archdiocese of Baltimore may be right for you.
The Network & Application Analyst is responsible for assisting with the maintenance and support of the applications, network, servers, messaging, and telecommunication technologies utilized by the Archdiocese. This includes the management of the accounts associated with these systems. The incumbent will work closely with IT staff and end users to manage and maintain systems and software used within the Archdiocese.
- Assist in managing, maintaining, and securing the Archdiocesan data and security infrastructure.
- Deploy, upgrade, and maintain production, test, and development networks and systems.
- Administer data security and retention systems (backups, redundancy, intruder issues, passwords, etc.).
- Assist in the acquisition and deployment of application, server, telecommunication, desktop, laptop, and related hardware devices to Archdiocesan staff.
- Manage, upgrade, and support enterprise applications used within the Archdiocese.
- Assist in managing the incoming requests for assistance to the Technology Help Desk.
- Provide help desk and desk side support for end-user questions/issues with the technology used within the Archdiocese.
- Support external Archdiocesan sites with the selection, implementation, training, and maintenance of technology.
- Perform Moves, Adds, and Changes (MAC) within the telephone system. Also responsible for maintenance tasks including billing, reporting, upgrades, backups, and vendor correspondence as it relates to the telecommunication system.
Remain conversant in the tasks and job functions of other Information Technology staff members in order to provide continuation of essential information services in the event of the absence of other staff members due to illness, vacation or special circumstances.
Minimum Education and Experience :
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field or equivalent professional business experience.
- 2 Years experience supporting all versions of Microsoft OS and Office Systems.
- 2 Years experience working with Desktop Systems in a networked environment.
- 2 Years experience supporting and managing networked enterprise applications.
- Microsoft Certified Professional certification (desired) or equivalent professional business experience.
- Experience with network electronics including firewalls, switches, routers, hubs, etc.
- Experience with the selection and implementation of networking equipment and administration of Windows based servers.
- Experience administering and maintaining email and telecommunication systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals.
- Friendly professional demeanor and positive attitude to help.
- High skill with desktop operating systems including Windows desktops and servers, Exchange Server, and SQL Server.
- Familiar with the function and management of routers and firewalls.
- Knowledgeable in most aspects of operating systems administration; for example, configuration of mail server, system installation and configuration, printers, and Active Directory.
- Skilled in the installation and configuration of third party applications pertaining to anti-spyware, anti-virus, system backup, and business productivity.
- Knowledge of networked enterprise applications such as Microsoft Dynamics (GP), Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, and Blackbaud Financial Edge.
- Has a solid understanding of paging, device drivers, RAID, DNS, and performance optimization.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can use ping, trace route, nslookup, etc.; understands basic routing concepts.
- Familiarity with mobile connectivity including VPN, remote access, and mobile devices.
- Experience managing complex printing environments utilizing print servers.
- Skilled in the use of desktop and server monitoring and management systems such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
The Archdiocese of Baltimore is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes:
The Archdiocese of Baltimore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Paid vacation
- 403 (b) Plan
All are encouraged to apply.
The Archdiocese of Baltimore - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard