As a Network and Application Performance Engineer working with OPNET’s Application Performance Management ( APM ) product suite you will solve clients’ enterprise-wide network, application, and server capacity and performance issues. This position combines engineering disciplines with a business focus for delivering IT performance management solutions. You will utilize OPNET’s technologies to plan, design, deploy, operate, manage and optimize IT infrastructures.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Serve as an expert on application performance utilizing OPNET products including AppInternals Xpert, AppResponse Xpert, and AppTransaction Xpert to monitor and analyze enterprise-wide application performance end-to-end, including network and transport systems, Web Servers (e.g. Apache, IIS ), Database Servers (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2), Application Servers (e.g. Websphere, Weblogic) and Operating Systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX )
- Troubleshoot performance issues for UNIX and Windows based platforms
- Perform network capacity planning and performance analyses
- Collect network performance information required for simulation modeling studies
- Analyze and understand client’s IT requirements, organization functions, and decision making processes
- Produce a solution that fulfills client’s needs within budget and schedule constraints
- Present and articulate advanced product features, benefits, and overall product solutions
- Work on-site and remotely with customers both individually and in teams
Here is what you should bring to the table:
Requirements for this position may vary based on division and/or projects involved. Educational qualifications are based on the position level at the time of recruitment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Willingness to travel extensively, interact and work directly with customers
- Significant experience monitoring, analyzing and tuning application and system performance
- Expert knowledge of TCP /IP networking
- Strong knowledge of web application architecture and software including Web Servers (Apache, IIS ), J2EE Application Servers (Websphere, Weblogic), Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2) and Operating Systems ( UNIX , Windows). While you’re not expected to be a subject matter expert in all of these, high level knowledge of the functionality of each component and how they inter-relate and operate is crucial. Basic administrative skills for these technologies is a plus
- Experience with protocol analyzers and knowledge of router and switch configuration is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be motivated to have an impact on our products, our company, and the state of the art
OPNET Technologies, Inc. is a provider of software products and related services for managing networks and applications. The software...