Join Recipient of American Heart Association Gold Plus Award for stroke Neuroscience and Neurology Services.
The Neuroscience Program is seeking three Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants for neurosurgery to assist patients with neurological disorders in their diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation.
• Team of 4 NP/PA providers, 5 Neurosurgeons and 11 Neurologists
• Perform histories, physical exams, ongoing patient assessments, some neurosurgical procedures, daily rounds with physicians, facilitate pre-operative and post-operative patient care
• Potential for assisting in operating room as needed
• Neurosurgical volume averages 1100 cases/year
just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Dynamic college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I Conference USA-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront-a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Several challenging private and public golf courses
Client is only hospital east of I-95 certified as primary stroke center by Joint Commission
• Neuroscience Unit has 4 dedicated beds for continuous video EEG capability, own pharmacy and PT/OT gym for patients needing rehab
They are one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. They are also a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is an 871-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
• Graduate from a PA or NP program approved by the NC Board of Medical Examiners or NC Joint Subcommittee
• PA’s must have board approval to practice medical acts
• NP’s must be licensed as a RN
• 3 years of experience, preferable in Neurosurgery, Surgery or Neurology
Malpractice (with tail)
Back To The Search Results
Start New Search
APPLY TO THIS JOB
United Pro Search - 13 months ago